Paper Craft Ornaments

These sets of ornaments are made from styrofoam balls, paper, and stick pins. My children love to make these for their teachers for Christmas. It is a very simple craft, yet is a very beautiful finished product. To make them I cut scrapbooking paper into 1" strips, then cut the strips into 1" squares. I fold the two top corners in to make a point. I then put 4 on the bottom, with all four points pointing to the middle. Working my way up I just overlap the next layer, covering the parts of paper that aren't really pointed. To put the hanger on you pin one end of the ribbon 1/2 way up the ball, and the other side 1/w way up on the opposite side. The papers will pin it to the ball as you go up. For the little topper around the hanger I cut 2 stars with a punch and sort of skewed them. I cut up 3 pages of 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook paper I can make a set of three balls with left over paper. The ornaments look even better when you use egg shaped styrofoam balls, with the skinnier end at the bottom. It looks like a pine cone then. I hope you enjoy looking. Feel free to comment!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: